Head of HR – Themis Portfolio Management Ltd
– Ensures the proper financial management of the Association aiming at the successful implementation of its short and long term strategy by implementing the relevant procedures.
– Creates, monitors and updates/revises the annual Budget of the Association by implementing the relevant procedures and regularly informing the Board of progress and issues arising.
– Confirms that the financial statements of the Association are properly updated and that all necessary payments are being made.
– Produces and presents the relevant reports to the Board and the members of the CyHRMA.
– Confirms that debtors pay all outstanding dues to the Association in accordance with the relevant procedures.
– Confirms that receipts are being issued correctly and on time.
– Issues cheques according to the relevant procedures.
– Manages the contracts of the Association with its various suppliers/strategic partners.
– Manages and effectively implement the procurement procedures of the Association.
– Undertakes any other important tasks which are assigned by the President.
Marios Christoforou has a BA in Marketing with a minor in Communication from Arizona State University as well as a MS in Human Resources Management from the Leeds University. He started his career at Deloitte Ltd where he was involved with all aspects of the Internal HR department of the firm. Following that, he moved to Cybarco Development Ltd and after that to CPM Corporate Administration Services Ltd where at both companies he was holding the Human Resource Manager position. His main responsibilities at both locations involved, but was not limited to, the preparation and implementation of HR specific policies and procedures, design and implementation of performance appraisal process, development and execution of strategic training plan as well as the management of specific HR related projects and certifications. Followin that, Marios moved to Alter Domus as the Head of HR Shared Services, a global service provider which counts 21 offices and more than 2,800 experienced professionals. Currently, he is the Head of HR at Themis Portfolio Management Ltd which is currently setting up. Marios has been a member of the Association for the past 16 years where for five years he was involved with the CSR & Education Committee and during the last 4 years he is a Member of the Board of Directors (the last 2 he holds the Treasurer position).