CyHRMA organized a Business Breakfast on the subject of “The Present and Future in Learning & Development” on the 2nd of March 2017 in Nicosia. The presenter was Mrs. Maria Georgiou, Learning & Development Director at PwC Cyprus and Member of the CyHRMA Board of Directors.
The presentation covered mainly the following topics:
– How learning and development has changed over the years
– Blended learning – how to strike a balance in terms of learning methods to achieve learning objectives
– Case study on blended learning
– How technology can enhance learning
– Cultivating a real time development culture
– Evaluating the learning impact
During the meeting, participants had the opportunity to ask questions, share experiences, discuss case studies and carry out practical exercises. Participants found the meeting really interesting and beneficial.
Breakfast meetings have become increasingly popular among those who have to meet the rigorous demands of busy schedules and tight company budgets. The Association will continue to offer these mini workshops as, according to the feedback, they have more positive outcomes than those later in the day which last many hours. Also, the interactive nature of the event and the opportunity to network are a plus, according to the participants’ feedback.